We were delighted to return to the Singapore FinTech Festival this year, particularly after our experience last year as part of the Global FinTech Hackcelerator programme. This year saw us selected as one of 12 leading New Zealand FinTech companies, invited by the wonderful team at NZTE, to be part of the first ever NZ Innovation Pavilion at the conference.
Being part of the Pavilion gave us the opportunity to generate more traffic to our booth, but also create invaluable connections with some of the impressive NZ tech companies leading the charge in FinTech – not an insignificant group by any means: Valocity Global, JRNY | AI, Spotlight Reporting, Centrality.ai, Capital Preferences, 9 Spokes, Aware Group, Vaka Interactiv, UneeQ, Sussed.io and The Clinician.
Highlights of the FinTech event for us this year included:
- Signing our first MOU with an Indonesian company, Primeforce Indonesia. In fact, attending the conference gave us a unique opportunity to be able to invite key ASEAN partners from across the region
- Front row seats to the powerful powhiri at the Pavilion opening ceremony. This event literally stopped the conference, as everyone gathered to enjoy the performance
- Being part of the inspiring community within the Pavilion, rather than independently manning our own booth
- Seeing first hand that NZ companies are held in high regard internationally, and understanding more deeply that companies from across the ASEAN region are looking to NZ to benchmark best practice.
- Being one of over 900 exhibitors, amongst 41 international pavilions, with 60,000 delegates attending the event
Our key objectives in attending weren’t necessarily to drive sales, but more so to generate awareness of our automated data exchange, and build new networks. Although key decision makers (for us) don’t attend this event, key stakeholders do. We had conversations with many Directors, Department Heads and senior managers who are responsible for digital transformation within their companies – both FinTech, and complementary industries too.
A special mention and heartfelt thank you to the NZTE team – Hayley, Diana, Sharmin, Wini, Yvonne and Kimberly who ensured the Pavilion was the success that it was, and the NZ High Commissioner for Singapore. The support provided to the Pavilion companies was superb, and ensured that a good event, was in fact spectacular. By bringing their collective networks to the Pavilion, they ensured great support for all the NZ companies attending.
We look forward to attending next year!